Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh For the Love!

So the other day I called my husband at work and was going to give him some sarcastic comment about how I "absolutely loved" cleaning out the freezer with his exploded soda in it. I dialed the number smiling to myself and waited for him to pick up. He answered. I hesitated. And then all I could get out was.....Hi. Why does my husband have to have such a sexy (yep I said it) voice? It makes me swoon. *sigh* I love him.

Right now I am loving lots of things. Here are just a few of them...

Reading scriptures by the Christmas tree. We turn off all of the lights except for the tree lights and let the kids light the scriptures with their flashlights. They love it. And please notice how just as Adam took the picture, Kade just had to pick his nose, and then proceeded to try and wipe it on the couch. srsly. Just a few of the joys of having boys!! :)


If you can't tell, that is Kade lighting his face with the flashlight after scriptures. Love him.
Winter grass. I absolutely love winter grass. It is so green and pretty. I love the smell, and that during winter time I can lay a blanket outside and have a picnic with the boys. They love rolling around in it, and in turn I "love" getting the grass stains out of their clothes.

Baking sugar cookies with these two little tykes. There was no outside play time today because it has been raining all day so we baked sugar cookies instead. They helped roll out the dough, place the cookie cutters, and then frost and sprinkled them. It was a HUGE mess in my kitchen afterward, but well worth it for those faces. I love their smiles, it makes me melt.
Rain! It has been rainy outside for the last 2 days. Although I don't love that the rain today cut my run in half (it started raining in the middle of my run, dangit!), I still love it. I have had all of the curtains open so we can watch the rain fall, and the trees sway in the wind. I wish it wasn't so cold so we could actually go play in it. Oh well.

So what are you loving these days???

3 comments:

Sadie Graham said...

I love winter time, let me tell ya. I can't wait for Christmas Eve. to be with the family :) Luv ya.

Anonymous said...

I love all the family time that Christmas brings. I mean you have to have a dinner to pick your secret santa (inlaws) then we have another get together to ask people for help on what to get your person. Then someone has to go shopping with you to get their present! hahah I love family time when everyone is happy because of the holiday spirit!

Now that I wrote you a novel.. haha

Kelli Proctor said...

You are so funny! I just love you! That story about you calling Adam was too funny! And that winter grass....I almost didnt get it for a second and then I remembered winter is your nice time of year! In fact I should post a pic on my blog to show you what our winter grass looks like! Totally covered in white fluffy stuff and single and negative degree temps to go along with it! Fun times for us! Why do I LIVE HERE! I was so not meant for the cold! LOVEd this post by the way! So happy!