Thursday, January 28, 2010

Urine and Rain

Yesterday I woke up with a lovely case of a UTI.
Awesome.
3 days before I am supposed to run 13.1 miles, I can't even walk down the hall without feeling like I am going to pee everywhere.
Wonderful.
All day I drank water and took cranberry pills and frequented the bathroom every few minutes, and prayed my little heart out that it would all go away.
And today, hallelujah, its gone.
I got out of bed got dressed to do my last run before Saturday and started to get the boys bundled up and in the stroller, only to realize that it is raining, again.
Now, darnit I am all for the rain. I love it. It is so rare that we get rain here that you really have to enjoy it when it comes. I LOVE running in the rain. The boys love running in the rain, but not when its 50 degrees outside! In the last week and a half my run has been spoiled about 5 times! Not good.
Oh well, I am sure in a matter of weeks it will be so hot, I will be praying for that rain again.
Anywho, speaking of Urine earlier, Kade decided the other day on his own that he doesn't want to wear diapers anymore.
What the?!
Yep, he woke up from his nap, brought me his diaper (in his hand, not on his bum), and said "I wear underwear mommy."
It was wonderful the first day. He went to the bathroom all on his own, I didn't even have to remind him.
Now it is going ok, but not so wonderful anymore. He has frequent accidents which leads me to believe that he isn't quite as ready as he wants to be, but he REFUSES to wear a diaper.
So the last few days have been filled with leaking underwear and leaking clouds.
Will I ever be dry?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quick fix to a UTI.. viatamin C. Cranberry pills work great too, but if you take like 4 viatamin C pills it goes away so fast. You body gets rid of all excess nutients if you don't need it, so it goes into your bladder and kills the UTI all in a few hours. :) If you can't tell I have had my share of UTIs. Good luck with your marathon!

Love Cami. said...

Ooo I didnt know you run! That's awesome! How did it go?!

Kelli Proctor said...

OUch! That sounds horrible! So did you run your race or is it this Sat.! Hope it went awesome for you! And good luck with the potty training!

Rushele said...

At least he wants to wear underwear. Sophie acts like she wants to wear them, and when she gets up in the morning her big sister so graciously helps her get a pair and then when I ask her if she's going to use the potty today she says "nope" so off go the panties and on goes the diaper....so sick of spending the $$ on them, but don't have any patience for all the messes right now!!