Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet


I am sure everyone has already heard the news about our beloved Prophet President Hinckley passing away last night. I wanted to express my feelings about this wonderful man. I am saddened that we have lost him but so grateful to have had him as our Prophet for so long. We will move forward as a church, but I will never forget the words he has spoken for so many years as a General Authority. He has always made me know how much the Savior loves each one of us.

"The Almighty is with this people. We shall have all the revelations that we will need, if we will do our duty and obey the commandments of God. ... While I ... live I want to do my duty. I want the Latter-day Saints to do their duty. Here is the Holy Priesthood. ... Their responsibility is great and mighty. The eyes of God and all the holy prophets are watching us. This is the great dispensation that has been spoken of ever since the world began. We are gathered together ... by the power and commandment of God. We are doing the work of God. ... Let us fill our mission"

My prayers are with his family, and I am sure he is happy to be home with his wife. I have been privileged to hear his testimony for he has truly strengthened mine. He will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

I loved your blog. It made me cry. The pictures are sweet and the love and testimonies shared are precious.
Love mom

Dee Dee said...

I love your Blog. It was beautiful and made me cry. I loved the pictures, testimonies and love that was shared. Thank you for posting it.
Love Mom