Sunday, January 4, 2009

THE FACE!......and a Little Christmas

If you have been around my little Kade in the last few months, you will know that he has developed quite a sense of humor like his brother. He started making this face whenever we would call his name, and now it is officially called "The Face." We say "Kade give me the Face" and he will turn to you and do it. Hilarious! This is really only half of "the face" we couldn't get it all on camera. He cracks me up.
For Christmas this year, I was wishing for an elyptical, I say wishing because they are quite expensive and I didn't want to spend the money to get one. Well my wonderful husband was out garage sale shopping one Saturday and found one that was only a few months old and it was only 30 bucks! Woo hoo! The only problem now is that my kids like to play on it! Blake is actually really good on it, he will go for a few minutes, forward and backward. He loves it just as much as I do.
These are my munchkins at "Mema and Papa's" house eating their breadsticks from Olive Garden. I swear sometimes they look a like and then other times, they look nothing a like. This is one of those, "they don't look a like" moments.
This Christmas Eve we stayed the night at my parent's house so that we didn't have to get up extra early and drive forever (we don't live that close to either side of our family). Most holidays we spend most of the day in the car driving to each destination. We eliminated some of that this year but we were still exhausted......except for Blake apparently. He was happy as can be while we were driving with his new movie on for him. But poor Kade was so tired he was out cold after about 5 minutes.

The kids were spoiled as usual for Christmas. Being the only grandkids on my side it is inevitable.

Oh yah, and uh Happy New Year!!!! I hope this year is wonderful for each and everyone of you!

6 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

Holy Elliptical. That is an AWESOME deal. I wanted a treadmill really bad, but like you, we couldn't spend that kinda cash, especially after buying a new van, we are spent.
Happy Holidays, I love you, I wish I couls have been around.
We are thinking of coming home for a short visit in February to bless our little girl. If so I will let you know, and you will have to come.
Love ya man. Miss you!

Kelli Proctor said...

Looks like it was such a fun Christmas! How could it not be with those crazy little guys running around! That face! Oh my goodness, I wish I could see it in real life! I think I wouldnt be able to stop laughing! So fun, I didnt know you guys lived so far away from everyone!

Carly Nichols said...

I love kade's face! How funny that he'll do it on command:)

Rushele said...

I love sleepy car kids! So cute!!
Our girls are always so stinkin spoiled too!! At the moment they are the ONLY grandkids/nieces on either side of the family, too many toys!!!
But, they are certainly loved, and we can't ask for more than that!
So, Sophie has a similar thing to Kade going on right now too. She has decided that when she smiles she'll scrunch up her nose so that her eyes are all squinty and it shows off her teeth. So freakin cute!!! And now she'll do it on command. We just say, "Sophie, smile for me" and there it goes. Love it!!!
P.S. Awesome Santa gift from Hubby!! He gets major props for that one!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I love THE FACE and Blake is getting so big and handsome!!!

Barnes Blog said...

Nicole!!!! I am coming on February 23rd. I am SO excited! I will be there till probably the 7th. We will be blessing Elle on that Fast Sunday so I hope you can make it. I'm SO excited! I am not looking forward to the flight because it will be me alone with 2 kids, but I can't say it enough, I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!! We'll have to hang out because Alsy won't be there for a few days and everyone works so I will need someone to go to the park with and hang out with, I want to soak up as much sun and nice weather as I can.