Monday, September 29, 2008

Relief Society Broadcast



As many of you know, we had our annual Relief Society Broadcast this past Saturday. I don't know about those of you who saw it, but it was amazing. I want to be like our Relief Society General Presidency. They truly are amazing women, and I know they were called to teach me. President Uchtdorf's talk was especially good. I felt like he was talking specifically to me. How many times do we as women point out our own faults, when no one even notices? I know that I do it all of the time. We put ourselves down to much and need to recognize all of the good that we do. Who can hold 2 kids and vacuum at the same time? Yah, thats right, a mom! Don't get me wrong, men are awesome and can do amazing things, but I am so thankful to be a women and President Uchtdorf reminded me how special I am to my Heavenly Father, and that he isn't looking at my many flaws, but marveling at the things that I can do well. I went to the LDS website to see if they posted the talks so I could post a link for those who weren't able to attend, but they weren't there. However, they will be in the Conference edition of the Ensign, so I would definitely recommend all to read it. I know I will be reading it again when it comes. You women out there do amazing things, and I am thankful to be numbered among you.

6 comments:

Rushele said...

Unfortunately I forgot about it and we'd made other plans for that night so I didn't go. But I will certainly be reading the talks in next months Ensign.
Thank you for posting about it and your feelings!
I also feel at times that the Conference talks are directed right to me....then again, there's a reason that certain people are asked to speak and there are reasons they chose the topics that they do. They are all truely inspired men (and women)!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

you are so awesome Nicole! I just love you! Thanks for the re cap on the conference! I didnt make it so I am hoping to listen to it online or read it as soon as I can! You are such an amazing woman and Adam is lucky to have you, but I am sure he already knows that!

Carrie Carp said...

If not for Elder Uchtdorf last week, I wouldn't have made it through thi week! Thanks for the reminder of his talk, too, because I'd already started to forget to think about what I do instead of what I don't do.

On an unrelated and somewhat inappropriate note, is it just me or is Elder Uchtdorf super handsome?

Michelle Bebe said...

loved your thoughts! i agree us women are pretty great, and sometimes we forget just how great!

Carly Nichols said...

Hey Nicole! Yeah I found your blog! Your boys are so flippin cute! I linked you to my blog I just started so we can keep in touch! Talk to you later! -Carly

kkalama said...

Hey Nicole I am so glad that you found my blog as well. What the heck!? We haven't seen each other in a while. We need to get together and play volleyball again sometime soon. I'm jumping again and I love it! Your babies are so cute! I can't believe that seeing those pix was the first time ever seeing youor little Kade!! Wow!