Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Zoo & My Own Dare Devil

The batteries died on my camera and I finally got new ones in to get the pictures off! Last Saturday was such a nice day outside so we went to the zoo with some friends. The batteries died while I was there so I didn't get very many pictures or any of Blake's new girlfriend K.J. She was the cutest little girl and was so gracious and helped push the stroller all around the zoo. Thanks Zack and Sarah for letting us tag a long with you, you guys rock! Here is a picture of Blake by the Baboon. He just came up to the window that Blake was looking through, it was awesome! We had to practically drag him away so other kids could get a close up look at him too.


Kade has decided to be my dare devil. I am convinced that it is because he sees his big brother doing things and he wants to do it as well. I have also realized that having more than one boy in the house, I constantly have to be on edge and ready for anything to happen. The other night, I was getting the kids bath ready and this is what I saw when I walked into Blake's room.....


He climbed up the stool and onto Blake's bed with no help from anyone. This is actually the look on his face when I discovered him. He was so proud that he did all by him self. So what did I do? At first I freaked out and went to grab him, but then I thought "Hey this would be a cute picture on my blog." So I left my son in danger and grabbed the camera. How sad! In my own defense though, the camera wasn't very far away and I ran really fast! Now that my little one knows that he can climb, he is always doing it. I have to be very careful when I leave the room because I never know what I am going to find when I come back. I just know that these two are going to start working together soon to see what crazy things they can do to make my heart skip a beat. It is starting already. Breathe Nicole breathe.

6 comments:

kkalama said...

Oh that is so cute. Boys are certainly creatures that I am going to have to become more familiar with :0) I love the zoo, I too have a picture with my niece and the baboon right up at that window... They must really like little kids.

Barnes Blog said...

Hello my good friend. Sorry it has been so long. I love your little boys, little Kade is getting so big, I can't believe it. I love their little bottoms and Kade's chubby thighs, I wish I could be there to squeeze them, give'em a good squeeze for me.
C is currently sitting at the table because be won't eat one little carrot so he can't get down, we finished dinner 2 hours ago. So stubborn. Little baby girl is kicking me in the no no spot and it really hurts, I want her out, but not. Very mixed feelings. I feel better with this pregnancy, but I still do NOT like being pregnant. Love ya man! Tell Amy to get a blog going before I hurt her.

Rushele said...

Last time we checked out the Baboons at the zoo they were in heat.....need I say more?!!
I love how happy Kade looks that he's accomplished getting up onto big brother's bed!
Sophie is my dare devil too! Raegan was never a climber, but I find Sophie testing it all the time now. She's so brave and will do anything!! I definitely have to watch her more closely than I did Raegan!

Kelli Proctor said...

your boys are so cute, no wonder he already has a girlfriend! It is so fun to watch them grow up!

Carly Nichols said...

Your boys are so flippin cute! Hey how did you make your playlist small and how did you also make the google scroll bar go away. I'm still learning this blogging thing:)

Carrie Carp said...

Oh believe me, you couldn't possibly be more manly than me. I've NEVER been accused of being feminine. Maybe we should have an anti-shopping/nails/hair night and have steak, wings, fried things, root beer, and watch baseball/basketball/UFC and fun stuff like that. No makeup allowed. No boys allowed either.