Sunday, October 26, 2008

Running Shoes?!

Most people who know me know that I am not a "runner." Going out and taking a run is just not my idea of fun. There has to be a purpose to my running. I know what you runners out there are thinking, "you run to exercise dummy!" but really what is the fun in that? So my idea of "running shoes" are these:

My softball cleats. Now that is my idea of running for fun. I am running for a purpose people!! I have had this idea in my head my whole life. I was no track star. I did track in 9th grade just to do the long jump and then was told that I had to run the 400m by my coach (sprinting a whole lap! are you kidding me?! How is that fun?!) I never did track again. So having "running shoes" was never really a necessity to me. I got some for the nights that we go play volleyball and for the time I was in a hip hop class, but other than that really no need.......until now. Thats right ladies and gentlemen these shoes:

are finally getting some real use. Some ladies in my ward/neighborhood are in what we like to call a "stroller gang." Every morning we drag our kids out of bed and walk about 2 and a half miles. Awesome right? Well Tricia and I decided a few days ago that we wanted to get more of a workout afterwards, so we drop our kids off with her husband and then RUN! I never thought the day would come that I would go running just for exercise purposes! It happened! I have gone over to the dark side. I have to say it really isn't that bad when you have someone to run with, so thank you to my dear friend Tricia for converting me to my new "running shoes."

6 comments:

Carrie Carp said...

Amen, sister. I only liked running if it was on accident in a sport! I just joined "them" too because it's the only type of medicine that seems to help with my whacked out health issues. For the first few weeks of my new running phase I tried going in my tennis shoes from high school... No bueno! I've never felt such foot pain. So, after beating my toes up for a while, I went and purchased some Asics for half off. I, too, have gone over to the dark side!

Kelli Proctor said...

I actually love running, it totally grows on you after a while! I have never gotten that runners high that people talk about, but I still love to run now! ITs really weird, but you almost get addicted! Great job!

Barnes Blog said...

Good for you, I am not a runner either, but find myself these days wishing I could go for a good run, just to get some energy or frustration out.
Halloween is almost here, I am getting excited for Christmas now though. Anyway, after our party I cleaned up most of our decorations just so I could have a nice clean organized house again. A's parents are supposed to be coming tonight if they cang et a flight, flying stand by is not my favorite.

Rushele said...

Isn't it funny how some things change as we get older and different things become the focus of our existance?
I would never have been a jogger either, but since having kids and finding it nearly impossible to get time to myself for a good workout I now go walking with my neighbor friends 3 times a week and the other 2-3 days I go jogging with the kids or do a workout video. But it just tends to be easier to get out and walk or jog with the girls since it gets them out of the house for a change too.

Bigin and Mini said...

Run forest run !!! I was happy to read that you had found my blog I love being able to keep up with you and your cute boys.

Tina said...

I still hate it!