Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blake is 3!!!!

Blakey had his birthday this past Sunday and I can't believe his is 3 already! It has gone by so fast. Adam and I were just reminiscing on Valentine's Day about when I went into labor with him, and how we had to leave the restaurant early on Valentines Day to get to the hospital. Blake is such a joy. He is a big handful but I wouldn't have it any other way. He reminds me so much of his daddy because he has such a sense of humor. He does anything to make us laugh, including saying some pretty funny stuff. He is so smart and I know that he is going to do great things in his life. He told us the other day (we were getting ready to go to the Temple for Brian and Jen's sealing) that he wanted to get married in the Temple too. He also said that he wanted to marry Jesus. It was super funny and cute. I just love this kid. Here are a few pics of his little get together with a few family members for cake and icecream.....

Blake is in love with Madagascar. My parents got him the first movie for Christmas and he loves it! He asked for a Madagascar cake for his birthday and that is exactly what he got. We got it the day before his birthday and he kept asking to look at it in the fridge all day.
Eating his cake. That little airplane is with him all of the time now. Of all of the things he got for his birthday, the cake topper was his favorite. Figures.
Brother Kade going to town. He ate his piece in about 5 seconds flat. He is so independent now that he doesn't let me help him eat anymore, so it is always a big clean up. After he ate his he went for Blake's piece. yikes
Opening presents. He was so funny, he didn't want anyone to help him open them, he was so excited to rip the paper. Kade is giving cousin Graham a little taste of his fingers. mmmm
Papa was the only one who was able to help him with this present. He loves his Magna Doodle. And heck I love the thing too. Whoever invented them, is the coolest!
This was Blake's big present. We bought it about 5 months ago because it was on sale for super cheap and it has been up in our closet just waiting for this day. He loved it! His friend Brooklyn has one and he always plays with it at her house. We gave this present to him last and it was a good thing because he dropped everything else and jumped on and took off through the house.
Blakey, we love you and are so thankful to have you in our family. You make life a little crazy, and a lot more fun! Happy birthday!

4 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Blake!
I'm so excited, I'm counting down the days, I am kinda freaking out though, it's coming almost too fast. Calvin has been super sick and now Elle is, I am hoping it all goes away before we leave, and I hope I don't catch it.
Oh and we decided to wait to bless Elle for the summer. I'm so excited to hang out!

Michelle Bebe said...

WOw! Does it feel CRAZY to have 2 kids and one of them is 3!!!!????

It feels like just yesterday we were at your house sleeping over for your birthday!

Rushele said...

Happy Birthday mini-Adam!! I mean, Blake.
He is such a cute kid, and I bet he really does keep you on your toes and constantly laughing!!!
Glad it was such a fun celebration!

Kelli Proctor said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Blake! Cute little guy! My little guy is turning 3 this week too! I forget he is the same age!