Thursday, July 15, 2010

Will She or Won't She?

(ummmm, yikes)

So now that we know we are having a girl, this is the question I have been asked the most:
"So are you hoping she has curly hair like you?"
To which I lovingly reply: "Ummmm, no."
Do I love my hair? No.
Do I like my hair? No.
Do I tolerate my hair? Sometimes
I know lots of people "say" they would love to have curly hair, but frankly, I just don't believe them. I must admit that for the majority of my life I did not have the faintest idea how to do my hair, so I am sure that is why I am so against it.
Oh the awkwardness of my childhood, and my crazy hair. I hated my hair so much that I had a stage that lasted a few years I am sure where my hair was just in a bun.
The pictures I could show you would prove my point nicely, but alas, I am too embarrassed to even look at them myself, let alone let others see them.
I think to myself, "why would I wish that self esteem issue on my child?"
I know it would be cute to see a little girl with bouncy curly hair and a bow, and I know that I kinda know how to do it now, but I am just imagining her coming to me (like I did to my mom) begging to spend tons of money to get it straight, and trying anything you can imagine to get it that way.
And by the way, I am not convinced that my boys aren't going to have curly hair either, especially Kade. My brothers' hair didn't go curly until they hit puberty. Kade is a Martin (my family name) through and through, and I just see him with freckles and curly hair just like me, and I am okay with that. I am okay with my boys getting my hair, because a boy with a fro is just cool.
So my dear Kylee, if the good Lord thinks you need to have curly hair, then I will do everything I can to make it cute, so you don't have the issues with it like I did, but if you get straight hair, then I am good with that too. Love you baby girl.

4 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

lol! You are so cute Nicole

Barnes Blog said...

My mom and Dad and Lyda and I were reading this together, my Dad said that he had always loved when your hair was long and ringletty(not sure how to spell that).
I love you and i love your hair! It makes you you.
I am so excited to see your little girly, and if she has curly hair, I hope she finds a brunette and blonde friend so we can relive our glory days through them. ;0) Maybe we can even make them some cool shirts with some awesome nicknames. ;0)

Garrett Graham said...

Wow that hair reminds me of Rachael in the movie Blade Runner from 1982 lol http://blog.photoshelter.com/image/blade-runner-rachel-714793.jpg

Kelli Proctor said...

I love you hair Nicole! You are beautiful! Little Roxy has crazy curly hair! I LOVE it!