Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting Started

First and foremost, I had to post a picture of my super cute boys (and yes I mean Adam too!). Aren't they just the most adorable?! I heart them.
Some of you may know that I don't like to wait until the last minute for things. I am not a procrastinator because it just makes me stress out. So as soon as we found out we are having a girl, I wanted to get to work before I get too big and can't do anything. So here are a few pictures of where we are at right now.
I decided on Black, white and hot pink. Not sure why I did except that I wanted her room to be different from nurseries I have seen. Yes the hot pink is bright, I know, it took some convincing for Adam to be on board (in the end he said I could do whatever I want....he he he).
So here is a shelf we had that I sanded down and painted black, and then some hot pink flowers that will go on the shelf (once its hung of course).
This is a trial and error point. We know we want the letters with ribbon. I am not sure if I want the ribbons how they are shown in the picture or if I want to hang the letters on the wall from ribbon. I don't know, I welcome ideas from you crafty people out there.

And here are the walls. The bottom will be hot pink and the top will be white. We haven't decided if we are going to put a black chair rail between the 2 colors or if we will paint a horizontal black stripe around the room. I originally started painting the black stripe but then Adam said we should do a chair rail and painted over the black stripe. Now we can't decide. Anywoo, we have lots still to do and we are still finishing up the boys room as well. Hopefully both rooms will be done before the baby comes.
A special thanks to my wonderful hubby who handles my OCD's so graciously even when it means getting everything ready for our baby 4 and a half months before we even get to see her. Love you babe.

3 comments:

Rushele said...

I love the colors for Kylee's room! Super cute!
In my opinion I'd do a black chair rail in the room and I'd hang the letters with a pink and white gingham ribbon....or at least hang them with the ribbon anyway!!
Good luck with getting it all done, and let me know if you need any help!

Barnes Blog said...

I love the ribbon on the letters, its different, everyone hangs them with ribbon. I like chair rail...if I could afford it.
I love decorating! I'm excited to feel good again so I can do something crafty.
I wanna see your cute bod.
BTW I set up our guest bed in our playroom a month before I had Caleb.
Love ya!

Kelli Proctor said...

so fun! I LOVE it! You guys are going to have so much fun having a little girl!