Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Am I Going To Be Like Violet From Willy Wonka?

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It didn't go as well as I had hoped. You see, throughout this pregnancy my belly has been measuring about 2 centimeters bigger than it should. Not a big deal, 2 centimeters isn't that much. Yesterday however, the doctor measures me and says "well you are still larger than normal." I say, "well how big?" He says, "you are 25 weeks and 2 days and you are measuring at 29 weeks."
What the!?!?!?!?!?! I am 4 WEEKS bigger than I should be!
He then proceeds to ask me a bunch of questions which starts to worry me.
Were you bigger than normal with your other two pregnancies? No I measured exactly on with both.
Have you been gaining too much weight? No I am right on track.
Questions questions questions!
Then he tells me, well we would normally see you back in 3-4 weeks to do an ultrasound, but I want to see you back in 2 weeks so we can make sure everything is ok.
What the heck am I supposed to think of that?!
He didn't seem too worried, and didn't even tell me I needed to stop exercising or anything, so now I am just confused.
I have a bigger belly than I should, does that mean I am going to be like Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and by the time I am ready to deliver my husband is going to have to roll me in to the delivery room? I have that image burned into my brain.
So here I am in my jumbo (apparently) belly at 25 weeks and 3 days. It's kind of embarrassing having my belly out for the whole world to see. Oh well....

In other news, the boys and I made a life size robot out of mega blocks. For some reason they have really gotten back into the blocks. Its been cars cars cars for so long, that I welcomed the change!

Boys posing with their robot, and Kade making the famous myspace/facebook face. Poochy lips.

4 comments:

L&M said...

Are you kidding me, nicole?? your are GORGEOUS!! I love that belly of yours! it appears you are all baby! and I love the hair (it's been a while since we've seen each other!!) can't wait to see you in October!! muah!

Barnes Blog said...

I love your belly, i wish I was even half as tiny as you are when I am prego. I hope everything is ok though, I'm sure it will be.
You are super cute, I love your flower in your hair, such a pretty woman, you make me jealous.

We have to get together for Christmas, we will for sure be there.

Sadie Graham said...

AAA, you are so cute Nicole :) I love you <3 such a cute belly you have, you miss prego you :) so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Nickelback..WTH...I only saw your picture I didn't read it..not that I didn't care Sadie was on and I walked by. Keep strong..your the best at that. We will keep you and sweet Kylee in our prayers. Let us know as soon as you hear..call me if you need anything.