Monday, August 23, 2010

On a Lazy Sunday Evening....

Now that we FINALLY don't have 2 o'clock church anymore, we can enjoy lazy afternoons together as a family (we had 2 o'clock church for almost 4 years!). I love coming home from church and just relaxing with the family. So yesterday we got out the Mega Blocks, and started making "rockets" and "blasting" them off around the room (sorry kids destroyed them before we could even get a picture of them, darn boys!) Then Daddy decided to pull out all our coins and make a pyramid. He said when he was little him and his brother used to make really cool pictures out of pennies. Neither on of us is an artist so we had to settle for just a boring pyramid. The boys loved it though, they thought it was the coolest thing ever to "play" with money. So here is a picture of our little penny pyramid, my belly poking out, and my naked boys. I swear it is a full time job to keep clothes on my children. Is it a boy thing, or are my kids just weird???

Okay so obviously these pictures are not from Sunday but a few days before. After getting home from our run the other day, we were all sweaty so I pulled out the sprinkler and we all cooled off, and by all I really mean all of us because the second the water came on both kids grabbed the sprinkler and chased me with it completely soaking me and making the dog run like 90 miles an hour to get away from them.
Blake is getting so big, I can't believe in one short year I will be sending him to kindergarten. That will be a sad day for me. I want him to grow up and learn, but I also want him to stay little and snuggle in my lap.. Oh the sorrows of your kids growing......
And last but certainly not least....I am so excited to show ya'll part of the bedding for Kylee's room. So since I decided on different colors for her room, I could not find any bedding that matched what I wanted. So my wonderful, beautiful and most talented mother said that if I wanted she could make me her bedding. So off we went to the fabric store and I picked out all the fabrics that I wanted and told her how I wanted it to look. And she did it! And I am so in love with it. My mom and dad went out of town this weekend for their 34th wedding anniversary (go them, they are amazing!) and she made it while they were gone. We had them over for dinner yesterday and she brought it to show me. I about died I was so happy with it. My mom is so awesome, and I am so thankful for all that she does for our family. So here it is......

Thanks Mommy I love you!! You are the best!