Tuesday, September 1, 2009

He Made My Day

So I just got a call from my Father in Law. He called to tell me about our upcoming family dinner and to give me our assignment (pasta salad, yum).

Then he says. "Nicole I want to tell you something."

Me: totally nervous and thinking, crap what did I do wrong, "okay......."

Pops (as my husband calls him): "I think you are a wonderful wife and a great mother."

Me: bewildered, "huh?"

Pops: "Adam cannot stop talking my ear off about how great you are, and I thought I would tell you that I think you are pretty great too."

Me: with tears "Thanks dad that really made my day." sniff sniff

Where did that come from?? I have no idea but I am so grateful for 1. my husband who apparantly talks about me to other people and 2. a father in law who gave me a compliment that I really didn't know that I needed at that moment.

Often times in my life I feel inadequate, like I am not doing enough. There is always something more that could be done. Call it a mom complex if you will. I am sure I am not the only one to feel that way.

I am thankful to a Father in Heaven who knows what things I need, even when I don't know that I need them myself, and sends them to me. Whether it is a phone call with nice words from someone unexpected, or a hug and kiss from my husband or children, I will take them and be grateful.

Thanks Babe for saying nice things about me to other people, and thanks Pops for the nice compliment. Love you guys!

4 comments:

Susan Martin said...

Nicole,

How wonderful for Adam's Dad to pay you such compliments. They are all true. I agree that you are such a great Mother to Blake and Kade and wife to Adam. They are so blessed to have you. I am also blessed to have you as my daughter. I know that I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and love you. You are also such a wonderful example to your sister Heidi. She really looks up to you and you are always there for her. I love you very much.

LOVE FOREVER,

Mom

Sadie Graham said...

Thats so sweet. And he ain't liyin eaither:) you are a great mom to your kids and wife to husban! I love you Nicloe.

Our Family said...

Yes we are coming home in 2 weeks !! On the 25th maybe sooner if Brian hits his goal !!Thats so fun that you started decorating your house !! I cant wait to see when we get back ! and im going to run with you 6 days a week caz my body needs it!! Miss you guys !! tEll them all Hi for uS!!

DeWitts said...

I love it when you get those tender mercies just at the perfect time so Heavenly Father can remind us that he knows us and loves us.

Hey, I read this great book that you've probably already read but if not, it's Hunger Games. Awesome!