Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It Happened......

The "smurf" (our Hyundai) died. Ok, so I am being a little dramatic, it didn't really die. In the last few months it broke down what felt like a million times. Adam drives super far to work and leaves waaaay early in the morning so Smurf breaking down was not an option. You have no idea the sinking feeling I had in my stomach when my phone rang at 5 in the morning. I thought Adam had been in an accident, but no, Smurf blew a gasket or something dumb that I have no idea about. So as you can imagine I was more than fed up with it and so was he. Luckily all of the crap that kept breaking were covered under our extended warranty that we bought (thank heavens) so we didn't have to pay for it. What really gets me is that Smurf was only 5 years old! It was the first car that Adam and I bought together after we got married. We were sad to see it go, but ready. We got everything fixed and sold the thing while it was still worth something. So now, let me be the first to introduce you to Adam's new baby............

We don't have a name for him yet, unless Adam has secretly named him without telling me. :) I'll have to let you know. My dear husband treats our cars like they are our children.

In other news, the other night Adam and I went to check on the "crazies" before going to bed and this is how we found them......


How cute/uncomfortable is that?! And look, they are holding hands. Precious.


FHE was a blast last night. Music was the theme! The "Crazies" are in love, and I mean in love with music. So we had a little spiritual lesson made our own shakers, and then rocked out together as a family. The big hit of the night was Adam bringing out his trumpet. The boys about died with enthusiasm when he played the first note. Then, as if the night couldn't get any better for the boys, Adam let them PLAY the trumpet. Blake was a natural, he actually made music come out, unlike myself and Kade just making a bunch of spit noises. Needless to say, the spit valve was a little disgusting to empty out afterward. Yum!



They are happy, SUCCESS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate cars. The car payment for Curtis' car has to be one of the biggest burdens on our finances. & I drive a junk monster, with no payment, but no air conditioning either. Can't win.

You seem to have the most fun FHE activites! Love it.

Our Family said...

K you guys are so cute!! I love the new car I wish it was mine.. Maybe someday we can all take a ride in it! Lol the crazies are so stinking cute too!

Sadie Graham said...

Umm yea I would be a little freaked out 2 if my phone rang at 5:00 in the morning, its a good thing that nothing bad happened to Adam. What a fun FHE getting to play the trumpet :) you guys are so freakin cute. Love you guys :)

Kelli Proctor said...

YOu guys are so cute! Love you guys, and congrats on the car!

Sadie Graham said...

Such cute kidos. Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Love ya.

Love Cami. said...

FUN! new cars are the best! and your boys are adorable.