Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vindication

I have these dear friends of mine. We'll call them Lurae and Brian (names changed for privacy reasons). For the last 2 years they have been going through the most horrific trial you can imagine.

Countless fasts were held in their behalf, numerous trips to the Temple with them in mind, and prayers, endless prayers for them. You can't imagine the pain that they have suffered.

Today, it is over. He has been vindicated. They no longer have to worry about what tomorrow will bring. They have each other and their family and nothing can take it away from them now.

Throughout these past two years of heartache my wonderful friends have remained united and strong. Their unwavering faith in the Lord has brought them through tougher times than many of us will ever face in our lifetime. I am in awe of their positive attitude through the whole ordeal, I don't know that I would ever be that strong.

The Lord knows each of us. He knows what burdens we can bare. He knows our hearts, and hears our prayers. I have such a firm testimony of the power of prayer. I have seen the affects of it in the lives of my dearest friends.

To Lurae and Brian: I love you guys, and I am so thankful to be counted as one of your friends. Breathe, its finally over!!!

3 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

Sounds like you guys were awesome friends during their trial! ITs so hard to go through your own but watching your friennds go through major trials is super hard cuz you arent getting the comfort and inspiration that is so personal to the person going through the trial! Its so important to have a support system though when going through a trial and sounds like you guys were no exeption! Glad they dont have to suffer anymore!

Karen Graham Stewart said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friends! What happened? I love all your posts. It does my heart good to see your happy family times together. I love you all!!
Kisses and hugs
Grahama

Sadie Graham said...

Wow, what an amazing story Nicole, glade your friends are doing better.