Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The ABC 500

So what happens when you grow up with out a lot of money? You get ghetto creative. Thats right I said ghetto creative. When I was a kid my parents were not rich (in money), so we had to find things fun to do around the house. Well it has carried with me. Where did this inspiration come from? The boys were driving their cars and kept driving through my legs while I was standing in the kitchen rooting them on, so I decided, wouldn't it be fun to make some sort of obstacle course for them? Heck yes! So when I got the boys down for their naps my ghetto creative skills got to work, and here it is.......let me remind you just how ghetto it is......it's really ghetto....


To start out, they must zigzag through the year supply water "cones" (there are more of them, I just couldn't get them in the shot), and then through the "not so never ending tunnel"



If they are lucky enough to make it through that oh so scarey tunnel, they must get under the "limbo stick of death!"



Then my friends they must make it through the "jungle o' streamers" (now this is the greatest of all my ghettoness. I didn't have streamers, so I took an old table cloth we had and made my own!)



Then we finally meet the end, but they must break through the ABC's to win the race!

I was trying to think of a way to make some sort of ramp (without them getting hurt of course) but I couldn't think of anything I could do to make it ghetto style. Any ideas?
The boys are napping now so we haven't tried it out yet, but I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for checkin out my ghetto fabulousness, and a special thanks to mom and dad for helping me become the ghetto creative girl that I am today.

6 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

What a fun mom! You are so cute Nicole. Not ghetto, cute.

Rushele said...

That is awesome!! I have a lot to learn about fun mothering, you are so nice!
You could use a blanket with a piece of cardboard over it (like from a Costco box) for the ramp.

Michelle McClure said...

So fun! What a great Momma you are! I am just trying to keep my voice below shrill!

; )

Morgan Finn said...

That is freakin awesome! Can I come over and play? We need to get everybody together and do a BBQ or something soon. I can't believe how big Kade is. They are so stinkin cute!!!

DeWitts said...

Don't worry. One of Luke's favorite things to do is take the fly swatter in the back yard and hunt for bugs. You can get the girl out of the ghetto but not the ghetto out of the girl.

Our Family said...

LOL I know Brian is crazy. And he wants to kill me after he saw what I wrote bout us. Tell Blake and Kade that we miss them and we are coming home soon ! Thanks for being such good friends and looking out for our house while we are gone ! When we get home we are going to take you guys out to a nice dinner ! We owe you big!! Hows Queen Creek?? Is our house ok?? are you still running??