Tuesday, October 6, 2009

!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a little story about the time Nicole almost wet herself with fright.
Ok, so the boys and I get home from our run, and I decided that it was about time to clean out the garage (there were remnants of cereal all over the ground), and spray off the driveway. So I set off to work. I was done spraying the garage, and started on the driveway and entryway to our front door. Kade was with me making sure to hinder me in anyway possible :) I look up in my entry way and see this...

Sorry it isn't a very good picture because frankly, I was not about to get any closer to the thing. My first thought when I saw it, was "what the heck is that?!" I went through all the possibilities in my head, a bee hive, a bugs nest, a spider's eggs, each thought getting more and more disgusting. So I finally decided that it was a bugs nest of some sort, and I was going to spray it away with my hose (not the smartest idea I have ever had, but whatev). I got Kade away just in case it was bees and started spraying.
I was not prepared for what it really is.
It's a freaking BAT?!
Why in heaven's name is there a bat in my entryway? Don't those nasty things live in caves!?
As soon as I sprayed it, it's wings started flapping, and I dropped the hose and ran for cover.
It took about 5 minutes for me to get the composure I needed to go back outside and turn off the water.
Adam was not the least bit worried about it like I was. I said, "Don't those things have rabies or something babe?" And he texts me this, "you already have rabies babe, so you can't get it twice. :)" Thanks babe, thanks.

So now, I can't even go out my front door because I know when I do that bat is going to get some revenge on me for spraying it earlier. Everytime I go to check through the window above my door if it has gone away yet, there he is taunting me, daring me to open the door so it can swoop down and give me rabies for real.
How do I get rid of a revenge craved bat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha The bat probably won't bite you. I heard there is only a certain breed down in SoAmerica that bite. But that is sooo scary!